• Print

Procedures prior to arrival in Catalonia

Research and select the degree courses you would like to take and the universities that offer them. Click to view the range of degree and master.

Find out about the requirements, documents, dates and other information from the bodies responsible for university matters.

Get all the necessary academic documents—certificates, diplomas, etc.—from the institution or education centre in the country in which you studied. You should have all relevant documents attesting to the start or completion of courses of study, signed by the persons authorised.

If necessary, have the documents legalised and translated. Once legalised, the documents must be translated into Spanish by a Spanish official translator-interpreter or by the Spanish diplomatic or consular representation in your home country.

Send all documents to the bodies or institutions responsible for management and processing.

If you are from a country outside the European Union or the Schengen Area, apply for avisa, medical insurance, etc., in preparation for final procedures and your arrival in Catalonia.

Update:  26.05.2017